Alex Beroukhim is a litigator whose practice focuses on complex litigation, including consumer class actions, products liability, and environmental litigation. Mr. Beroukhim advises clients on price comparison advertising, including compliance with FTC guidelines and California law relating to former price advertisements, BOGO advertisements, and MSRP representations. His clients include national department stores, vitamin and mineral sellers, pharmaceutical companies, technology companies, energy companies, and aerospace companies.
Mr. Beroukhim has experience in all aspects of complex litigation, including significant trial and arbitration experience.
- Online retailers in consumer class action litigation.
- Product manufacturer in consumer class action litigation.
- Foreign corporation in breach of contract dispute.
- Vitamin and mineral seller in consumer class action litigation.
- National department store in public civil penalty enforcement action.
- Holding company in breach of contract dispute.
- Wine and spirit seller in consumer class action litigation.
- Global energy company in consumer class action litigation.
- Seller of a pharmaceutical business in a post-acquisition contract and business tort dispute relating to the payment of earn-outs on the sale.
- National department store chain in consumer class action litigation.
- Aerospace manufacturer in two groundwater contamination cases involving numerous defendants and several alleged COCs.
- Live event video production company in trade secret and fiduciary duty litigation against its former president and his new competing venture.
- Liability insurer in connection with hundreds of childhood sexual abuse claims against a Roman Catholic diocese.
- Convenience store franchisor against merchandise supplier's claims of business interference and unfair completion.
- JD, University of California, Davis School of Law, 2001, Order of the Coif
- BA, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1998
- US District Court, District of Wyoming, The Honorable Alan B. Johnson
- Board Member, Western Center on Law & Poverty