Alastair Brown's practice focuses on antitrust litigation and complex, commercial disputes in various jurisdictions. He currently represents the claimants in respect of Heineken's pan-European trucks fleet for damages arising out of the EU trucks cartel as well as other drinks and consumer goods companies in large individual claims in the Dutch and UK courts. He is also defending a client in one of the first collective proceedings to be brought in the Competition Appeal Tribunal under the UK’s fast-growing collective proceedings regime.
Mr. Brown also has extensive experience of high-value commercial litigation across a broad range of sectors in the English High Court, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court as well as in arbitration and mediation. He regularly works with clients on funded cases and in preparing proposals for third-party funding.
Mr. Brown was part of the team which was shortlisted for Litigation Team of the Year at the Lawyer Awards 2022.
- Heineken, Diageo, AB InBev and Morrisons in relation to damages claims in the Netherlands and England & Wales arising out of the EU trucks cartel.
- Shipping company in defending various claims in both the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal relating to the maritime car carriers cartel.
- Dahabshiil Transfer Services Ltd. in its abuse of dominance claim in the High Court against Barclays Bank plc based on a refusal to supply.
- Albion Water Limited in its follow on damages claim against Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water in the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
EU and Competition (2023)
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Glasgow School of Law, 2010
- LL.B. (Hons), Law, Glasgow University, 2009
- England and Wales