Arturo Caraballo has extensive experience representing clients in a broad range of international financial transactions, with an emphasis on Latin America.
Mr. Caraballo has advised foreign and domestic, sovereign and private sector clients on hundreds of complex transactions throughout Latin America. The transactions on which he has advised clients include capital markets offerings and liability management operations; bilateral and syndicated loans; debt restructurings; project and structured financings; export and multilateral credits; investment management agreements; and swap and derivative transactions.
Mr. Caraballo first joined the firm in 1997 and spent nearly a decade in the firm's Corporate and Securities practice. Before returning in 2015, he served as President and General Counsel of Veris Consulting, Inc. where he managed a wide range of contractual, corporate, litigation and risk management matters for the accounting and financial management consulting firm and oversaw the firm's day-to-day operations.
Mr. Caraballo graduated from Tulane Law School and has served on the Board of Directors of the Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia. He is fluent in Spanish.
Mr. Caraballo has served as counsel to Latin American sovereign and private sector clients in connection with scores of capital markets transactions, such as:
- Republic of Honduras in an offering under Rule 144A and Regulation S of $700,000,000 in aggregate principal amount of its 6.250% Notes due 2027.
- Republic of Colombia in a March 22, 2016 offering of €1.35 billion 3.875% Global Bonds due 2026.
- Republic of El Salvador in an offering of $400 million 7.65% Notes due 2035.
- Republic of Panama in an offering of $250 million 8.125% Global Bonds due 2034.
- Republic of Panama in its offering of $326 million 9.375% Global Bonds due 2023 and Cash Tender for $406 million Brady Bonds.
- Cementaciones Petroleras Venezolanas, S.A. in connection with note issuances by Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.
- Maritime Contractors de Venezuela, S.A. in connection with note issuances by Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.
- JD, Tulane University Law School, 1997
- BA, Tulane University, 1993
- District of Columbia