Mark Epley brings experience in public policy and crisis management from senior positions in Congress and at the Departments of Justice and Defense to assist clients across a range of industries. He previously served as Senior Advisor and General Counsel to House Speaker Paul Ryan. He also served as General Counsel of the House Ways and Means Committee and Chief Oversight Counsel where his work touched on the full breadth of the committee's jurisdiction—tax policy, trade and Medicare, as well as investigations. At the House Committee on Financial Services, he was Staff Director of the Subcommittee on Oversight, which focused on examining the implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act.
Most recently, Mark served as Chief Legal Officer of the Managed Funds Association (MFA), the principal trade association for the hedge fund industry. In this position, he developed and led a government-wide advocacy campaign including rulemaking, tax policy and congressional oversight.
- Industry association as legislative counsel in information reporting provisions affecting digital assets in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- Digital asset financial services provider in developing a congressional engagement campaign on digital asset regulation.
- Market utility in monitoring and providing strategic advice on public policy developments affecting stablecoins.
- J.D., William & Mary Law School
- B.A., Gordon College
- District of Columbia
Government & Military Service
- General Counsel, Office of the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
- General Counsel & Oversight Staff Director, House Ways and Means Committee
- Chief Oversight Counsel, House Financial Services Committee
- Associate Deputy General Counsel, U.S. Department of Defense
- Senior Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice
- General Counsel, House Armed Services Committee
- Chief of Staff to the Assistant Attorney General for Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice