Robert Fischbeck advises healthcare providers, domestic and international banks and other financial institutions, investment funds and their portfolio companies, and other organizational clients in various corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions. Mr. Fischbeck also advises borrowers in connection with bank financings and negotiates and drafts related credit documentation.
Mr. Fischbeck has also counseled banks and other financial services companies in a broad range of regulatory and governance matters, including advocacy and compliance efforts in major Dodd-Frank Act implementation areas.
- Two Bay Area eye care practices, one New Jersey eye care group, and one Washington, DC area retina practice in sale transactions and entry into practice management arrangements with portfolio companies of private equity buyers.
- Publicly traded, international property and casualty insurance group in its $30 billion acquisition of a peer property and casualty insurance group.*
- Stifel Financial Corp. (NYSE: SF), a financial services holding company, in its acquisition of Business Bancshares, Inc., and its subsidiary, The Business Bank of St. Louis.
- WorldStrides in its acquisition of educational travel brands Brightspark US, Brightspark Canada, World Class Vacations, Jumpstreet, and Educatours from Travelopia.
- Carestream Health, Inc. in the sale of its healthcare information systems (HCIS) business to Royal Philips, a global leader in health technology.
- Homesnap, Inc., a software platform for residential real estate, in its $250 million cash sale to CoStar Group, Inc.
- Capital One (NYSE: COF) in its acquisition of Wikibuy, a fintech company.
*Matters handled prior to joining Arnold & Porter
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2013
- BA, Economics, Yale University, 2010
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee
- Member, American Bar Association, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee