Robert Fischbeck advises domestic and international banks and other financial institutions, physician practices, and other corporate clients in various corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions. Mr. Fischbeck also advises borrowers in connection with bank financings and sponsors in connection with commercial paper programs and negotiates and drafts related credit documentation.
Mr. Fischbeck has also counseled banks and other financial services companies in a broad range of regulatory and governance matters, including advocacy and compliance efforts in major Dodd-Frank Act implementation areas.
- Foreign bank holding company in the $331 million IPO and NYSE listing of its US banking subsidiary.*
- Publicly traded, international property and casualty insurance group in its $30 billion acquisition of a peer property and casualty insurance group.*
- Real estate fund group in connection with private fund formation and administration and related transactional matters.*
- Dental support organization in the $67 million refinancing of its credit facilities.
- Stifel Financial Corp., a financial services holding company, in its acquisition of Business Bancshares, Inc., and its subsidiary, The Business Bank of St. Louis.
- Two Bay Area eye care practices in sale transactions and entry into practice management arrangements with portfolio company of private equity buyer.
- Publicly traded financial institution in its $330 million common stock repurchase self-tender offer.*
- Financial co-advisors in a $16 billion combination of publicly traded packaging companies.*
- Publicly traded financial services holding company in a bank subsidiary’s acquisition of a FinTech startup.
- Foreign bank’s US branch in $115 million asset-backed commercial paper program.
*Matters handled prior to joining Arnold & Porter
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2013
- BA, Economics, Yale University, 2010
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee
- Member, American Bar Association, Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Member, American Bar Association, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee