Robert Fischbeck advises domestic and international financial institutions and other corporate clients in various corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private fund formation and administration, and financing and capital markets transactions.
Mr. Fischbeck also represents bank and nonbank financial services clients in a wide range of state and federal regulatory, compliance, and governance matters and assists with the advocacy and compliance efforts of his clients in major Dodd-Frank Act implementation areas, including the Volcker Rule, Title VII derivatives regulation, and Title X consumer protection issues.
- Foreign bank holding company in the $331 million IPO and NYSE listing of its US banking subsidiary.*
- Publicly traded, international property and casualty insurance group in its $30 billion acquisition of a peer property and casualty insurance group.*
- Real estate fund group in connection with private fund formation and administration and related transactional matters.*
- Dental support organization in the $67 million refinancing of its credit facilities.
- Publicly traded financial institution in its $330 million common stock repurchase self-tender offer.*
- Financial co-advisors in a $16 billion combination of publicly traded packaging companies.*
- Publicly traded bank in underwritten secondary equity and noncumulative perpetual preferred stock offerings worth approximately $300 million in total.*
- New York State-chartered bank in a subsidiary's formation and private placement of $10 million of limited liability company units.
- Paper company in the financing of its $1.4 billion sale to another paper company.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Arnold & Porter
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2013
- BA, Economics, Yale University, 2010
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association, Commercial Finance Committee
- Member, American Bar Association, Consumer Financial Services Committee