Michael Kientzle has experience representing clients in a wide range of civil matters before state and federal courts, as well as representing copyright owners before the United States Copyright Office. Additionally, Mr. Kientzle's practice includes advising clients on trademark matters and assisting clients in enforcing their trademark rights, including through arbitration proceedings before the World Intellectual Property Organization and the National Arbitration Forum.
Mr. Kientzle graduated cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center. While at Georgetown, Mr. Kientzle served as a law clerk to Senator Amy Klobuchar, and was a judicial intern to the Hon. Judge Block of the Court of Federal Claims.
- Represents a consortium of major sports leagues (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, WNBA and NCAA) in litigation, negotiations and multiple federal agency proceedings involving disputes over billions of dollars in copyright royalties paid to retransmit broadcast TV programming pursuant to statutory licenses under the Copyright Act.
- Member of trial team in successful six-week civil trial under the Anti-Terrorism Act before the Southern District of New York on behalf of several American families.
- Medical device company in patent litigation in USPTO and federal courts.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013, cum laude
- BA, Luther College, 2010, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia