Carlos Lobo is a member of the Corporate & Finance group and Latin America practice. He focuses on a broad range of transactions in the Latin America region or involving Latin American companies in the U.S., including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investment, and capital markets.
Carlos has 28 years of experience representing clients in complex cross border M&A transactions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments, and de-SPAC transactions.
Internationally experienced, Carlos represents public and private companies across several industries, including telecom, technology, media, financial services, oil & gas, mining, agribusiness, energy and infrastructure, and logistics. He has also advised issuers and underwriters in IPOs, follow-ons, issuance of debt instruments in the international and domestic capital markets, fund formation, fund raising, corporate governance, and tender offers.
- Private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of automotive aftermarket parts and an accessories online distributor.
- SPAC in an $850 million merger with a satellite earth imagery provider from Argentina.
- Brazilian public company listed at NYSE in an acquisition of a California based digital transformation company.
- Chinese utility company in its US$6 billion acquisition of a Brazilian electric utility company.
- Private equity firm in its acquisition of a nationwide delivery company.
- Singapore-based multinational technology company in its merger with a SPAC that took the company public with a pro-forma equity value of approximately US$39.6 billion.
- Brazilian digital media company in the acquisition of a Massachusetts based online media company.
- Global investment company in the tender offer to acquire the shares of a Brazilian renewable energy company from its minority shareholders in the amount of US$6.1 billion.
- LL.M., Columbia Law School, 2000
- LL.B., Law, Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ), 1994
- New York
- Entrepreneurship Committee, Brazilian Private Equity Association (ABVCAP)
- Latin American Private Equity Association
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce
- M&A Committee, International Bar Association