Charlotte Mallorie’s practice focuses on complex, multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes, both English High Court proceedings and commercial arbitrations. Ms. Mallorie has significant experience handling all forms of contractual disputes, partnership disputes, post-completion disputes, shareholder disputes, banking and insolvency litigation, competition litigation and complex civil fraud. Ms. Mallorie has represented corporations, directors, shareholders, private equity firms and high-net-worth individuals in a variety of different sectors.
Ms. Mallorie is recognised in leading directories as “extremely smart”, “efficient” and “very switched on” and as someone who is “very easy to deal with” (Chambers & Partners 2022).
In addition to her work in private practice, Ms. Mallorie has spent time on secondment in the National Risk Management team in one of the big four financial services firms.
- Minority shareholder in a major, high-value unfair prejudice shareholder dispute relating to the affairs of the holding company of the well-known Radisson Edwardian Hotel chain in the London High Court. Successfully obtained buyout order against majority holders.
- Major art auction house in litigation involving allegations of fraud with respect to the purchase and sale of numerous art masterpieces.
- Senior Lenders in successfully defending Commercial Court proceedings challenging restructuring of a group of companies.
- Multinational corporation facing restructuring and proceedings issued in Luxembourg and Germany.
- Acted on warranty and completion account claims the subject of both High Court proceedings and arbitrations.
- Pharmaceutical companies on a variety of disputes including manufacturing and supply-based contracts.
- Private equity firms on numerous high value disputes both High Court and the subject of confidential arbitration clauses.
- Shareholders in section 994/unfair prejudice petitions including allegations of breach of fiduciary duty.
- Acted in litigation relating to alleged hacking into computer servers based in the US.
- Acted for US clients in the High Court seeking orders giving effect to Hague Convention letters of request for oral and documentary evidence from individuals and corporations in England.
- Advised a number of corporate clients on dispute resolution provisions in commercial and corporate agreements.
- Advised on enforcement of arbitration awards in London.
- Represented Claimants and Defendants in complex follow-on damages litigation relating to alleged anti-competitive behaviour.
"Up and Coming"—Commercial and Corporate Litigation (London) (2020–2021)
"Associate to Watch"—Commercial and Corporate Litigation (2018–2019)
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law (London), Distinction
- LLB, University of Southampton
- England and Wales
- London Commercial Litigators’ Forum (and former Chair of Sub-Committee)
- Member, Select Committee assisted Blair J and Knowles J with amendments to the Commercial Court Guide
- Advisor, Citizens' Advice Bureau, Royal Courts of Justice
- Supporter of Pro Bono Centre Chancery Lane, London