Stephanie Nygard's practice focuses on corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, purchases and sales of loans and other financial assets, public and private issuances of debt and equity securities and other capital markets transactions, primarily for clients in the financial services industry. Her practice also includes advising agents, lenders and borrowers in connection with various types of credit facilities, including secured, unsecured and asset-based facilities.
Ms. Nygard's experience also includes a wide variety of corporate and federal securities law matters. She regularly represents public company clients with respect to SEC reporting and disclosure requirements, corporate formation and governance matters, stock exchange listing requirements, insider trading compliance, dividend reinvestment plans and other securities law compliance matters. She also frequently advises financial institutions and their holding companies on a broad range of bank regulatory matters, including compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act and other federal and state banking laws, regulatory capital compliance, regulatory reporting and permissible activities and investments.
- Numerex Corp., an enterprise solutions provider enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), in its sale to Sierra Wireless, Inc., a global device-to-cloud solutions provider.
- Astoria Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Astoria Financial Corporation, in its sale of non-performing residential mortgage loans with a carrying value of approximately $177 million to Credit Suisse.
- Aurora Bank FSB, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc., in its sale of substantially all of its assets, including its residential and commercial servicing assets, in nine separate sale transactions aggregating in excess of $2.5 billion of proceeds.
- Banco do Brasil, S.A., the largest bank in Latin and South America, in its acquisition of Florida-based EuroBank.
- Subsidiary of a New York investment bank in its acquisition of a portfolio of student loans.
- Subsidiary of a New York State-chartered bank in its forward commitment to purchase home improvement loans.
- RBC Capital Markets, LLC, as financial advisor to Provident Financial Services, Inc., in its acquisition of Team Capital Bank.
- RBC Capital Markets, LLC, as financial advisor to Bridge Bancorp, Inc., in its acquisition of FNBNY Bancorp, Inc. and the First National Bank of New York.
- Specialty consumer finance company in its acquisition of a portfolio of energy efficiency home improvement loans from a government agency and its acquisition of an energy efficiency home improvement loan originator and servicer.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as conservator and receiver, in its $13.9 billion sale of substantially all of the assets of IndyMac Bank, FSB to a consortium of private equity investors.
M&A: Large Deals (2011)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1996
- BA, University of Florida, 1992
- New York