Chris Peterson is co-head of the firm's Capital Markets Transactions practice.
Mr. Peterson's practice is focused on issuances of debt and equity securities and mergers and acquisitions, with an emphasis on high-yield debt and acquisition finance transactions. In addition, he has extensive experience in financial restructuring and liability management transactions, advising dealer managers, issuers and noteholders on the structure and execution of a range of tender and exchange offers and consent solicitations. His practice also includes representation of private and public companies in general corporate and securities law matters.
Mr. Peterson has been recognized in various national and international legal publications for his debt and equity capital markets work and described as "very knowledgeable" and "flexible and creative," helping clients to "reach a mutually agreeable solution within the boundaries of relevant regulation."
- Evertec, Inc. in connection with various leveraged finance transactions, including the refinancing of its $650 million senior secured credit facility.
- Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. in several transactions, including various offerings of approximately $600 million aggregate principal amount of high-yield and investment grade notes and related tender offers for outstanding notes.
- Liberty Tire Recycling in an offering of $175 million of PIK notes and common stock pursuant to an exchange offer for its existing $225 million senior notes undertaken in connection with an out-of-court restructuring of the company.
- Unifrax I LLC, a portfolio company of American Securities LLC and a leading worldwide manufacturer of industrial ceramic fiber products, in its inaugural high-yield offering of $205 million of 7.50% senior notes due 2019 as part of a $670 million financing transaction, and a subsequent $50 million additional notes offering and related consent solicitation, the proceeds of which were used, respectively, to fund Unifrax's acquisition of Lauscha Fiber International and to acquire strategic assets in China.
- Spartan Capital Holdings Sp. z o.o., Eileme 1 AB (publ) and Eileme 2 AB (publ) in the offering of €542 million of 11.75% senior notes due 2020, $500 million of 11.625% senior notes due 2020 and $201 million PIK notes due 2020. The offering was used to refinance the high yield and PIK bridge loans incurred in connection with the PLN 18.1 billion acquisition of Polkomtel, Poland's second-largest mobile network operator.
- The underwriters, led by BofA Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo Securities, in the offering of $400 million of 4.5% senior notes due 2021 by Darden Restaurants, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson in its offering of $4.4 billion of various floating and fixed rate senior notes with maturities ranging between 2013 and 2041.
- Weather Investments S.p.A, Wind Telecom S.p.A. and affiliated companies in the €2 billion bridge, high-yield and PIK financing for the €12 billion leveraged buyout of Wind. The Wind transaction was named "European Debt & Equity-Linked Deal of 2005" by International Financial Law Review.
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. (CME) in connection with a refinancing transaction with Time Warner Inc. and numerous tender and exchange offers pursuant to the restructuring of existing indebtedness of CME.
- The dealers and arranger, led by Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., in the establishment of a $15 billion medium term notes program by Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ) and the Section 3(a)(2) issuance thereunder of $1.25 billion of senior notes.
- The underwriters led a real estate investment company, in a public offering of $600 million of 7.375% senior notes due 2020 by PVH Corp. (PVH). The offerings were used to fund PVH's acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger Corp.
Capital Markets: Global Offerings (2019)
"Leading Lawyer" – Capital Markets: High-Yield Debt Offerings (2011)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1997
- BS, Georgetown University, 1991, cum laude
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association