Evan Rothstein focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation with a specific emphasis on intellectual property. A recognized trial lawyer, he has significant experience taking matters to judgment and handles cases in courts across the country and before administrative bodies. Mr. Rothstein works with both plaintiffs and defendants on their most sensitive and important patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret cases, including those that never reach a courtroom. Mr. Rothstein is recognized for his devotion to client service and thoughtful, responsive, and relentless dedication to success. As one publication notes, Mr. Rothstein is "one of several top-flight trial lawyers at Arnold & Porter" who "litigates with aplomb in district courts."
Mr. Rothstein is a trusted advisor for companies across a broad range of technologies with a focus on media and advertising, gaming, financial services, the sharing economy, software, networking and telecommunications, e-commerce, industrial equipment, and manufacturing.
In addition to intellectual property matters, he spends a portion of his practice on general complex commercial cases and strategic advice, including covenant not-to-compete disputes, health and managed care disputes, and financial services matters. Mr. Rothstein's strategic and business-focused approach to each engagement has earned him repeat work with some of the region's and nation's most discerning private and public companies.
Mr. Rothstein received his JD from the University of Colorado Law School on a Seeman Scholarship, where he was a Rothgerber Fellow and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal on Telecommunications and High Technology Law (now the Colorado Technology Law Journal). He received his BA in Economics from Emory University.
"IP Star"–Patent (Colorado) (2018-2020)
- JD, University of Colorado Law School, Rothgerber Fellow
- BA, Emory University, Honors in Economics, Dean's List
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Colorado IP Inn of Court
- Member, Board of Directors, Special Olympics Colorado
- Member, Advisory Board, Rose Medical Center
- Board of Directors, Silicon Flatirons Program