Evan Rothstein focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation with a specific emphasis on intellectual property. A recognized trial lawyer, he has significant experience taking matters to judgment and handles cases in courts across the country and before administrative bodies. This includes patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret cases, both for plaintiffs and defendants. Mr. Rothstein is recognized by multiple publications for his devotion to client service and thoughtful, responsive, and relentless dedication to client success.
Mr. Rothstein works with companies across a broad range of technologies, focusing on media and advertising, gaming, the sharing economy, software, networking and telecommunications, e-commerce, industrial equipment, and manufacturing. In addition to representing clients in intellectual property matters, he devotes a portion of his practice to general complex commercial cases, including covenant not-to-compete disputes, and health and managed care disputes.
Mr. Rothstein received his JD from the University of Colorado Law School on a Seeman Scholarship, where he was a Rothgerber Fellow and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal on Telecommunications and High Technology Law (now the Colorado Technology Law Journal). He received his BA in Economics from Emory University.
IP Litigator of the Year in Colorado (2016)
Up and Coming Lawyers (2008)
Outstanding Litigator: Colorado – Short List (2018)
- JD, University of Colorado Law School, Rothgerber Fellow
- BA, Emory University, Honors in Economics, Dean's List
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Colorado IP Inn of Court
- Member, Board of Directors, Special Olympics Colorado
- Member, Advisory Board, Rose Medical Center
- Board of Directors, Silicon Flatirons Program