Evan Rothstein is a trusted advisor to sophisticated companies all over the world. He maintains a robust commercial trial practice with a specific emphasis on intellectual property in addition to guiding companies on the development, protection, and enforcement of intellectual property assets.
Mr. Rothstein has won multiple significant decisions in front of juries, jurists, and administrative bodies and is often sought after for his ability to distill complex subject matter into a relatable format. He works with clients on their most sensitive and important patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret cases, including those that never reach a courtroom. Mr. Rothstein is recognized for his devotion to client service and thoughtful, responsive, and relentless dedication to success. Mr. Rothstein's strategic and business-focused approach to each engagement has earned him repeat work with some of the region's and nation's most discerning private and public companies. And, as one publication notes, Mr. Rothstein is "one of several top-flight trial lawyers at Arnold & Porter" who "litigates with aplomb in district courts."
Mr. Rothstein has experience across a broad range of technologies with a particular emphasis on media and advertising, gaming, financial services, the sharing economy, networking and telecommunications, and e-commerce. He recently has gained significant experience guiding clients on cutting-edge matters involving crypto-currency and NFTs including setting up marketplaces, advising on intellectual property rights in digital assets, and forming entities for the creation of digital art.
In 2021, Evan launched TMT Time, a podcast focused on the technology space where he hosts guests weekly to discuss pressing issues facing the industry. His guests have included practicing lawyers, founders and CEOs of start-ups and public companies, health professionals, best selling authors, professors, and elected officials.
Mr. Rothstein received his JD from the University of Colorado Law School on a Seeman Scholarship, where he was a Rothgerber Fellow and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal on Telecommunications and High Technology Law (now the Colorado Technology Law Journal). He received his BA in Economics from Emory University.
The World's Leading Patent Professionals (2017-2020)
- JD, University of Colorado Law School, Rothgerber Fellow
- BA, Emory University, Honors in Economics, Dean's List
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Colorado IP Inn of Court
- Member, Board of Directors, Special Olympics Colorado
- Member, Advisory Board, Rose Medical Center
- Board of Directors, Silicon Flatirons Program