Jeff Schaffer's practice focuses on commercial finance, having represented both institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions, including acquisition financing, conventional revolving and term loan credit facilities, public and private senior and subordinated debt issuances, and debtor-in-possession financing. His practice also encompasses both out-of-court and Chapter 11 restructurings. He has lectured and authored materials on a variety of commercial law and bankruptcy topics.
Mr. Schaffer is currently listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy Law. He was recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer from 2004 through 2006 and from 2009 through 2015. He is also an AV-rated attorney, a peer-awarded honor given by Martindale-Hubbell.
Litigation: Bankruptcy (SF) (2010-2024)
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 1979, Order of the Coif
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1974, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Member, Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, California Bankruptcy Forum