Andrew Varner is co-head of the firm's Private Equity practice and represents private equity funds and corporate clients in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities matters.
Mr. Varner has advised clients on a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions, including mergers, stock and asset purchases and divestitures, carve-outs, leveraged buyouts, tender offers, and joint ventures. His experience has included both domestic and cross-border transactions and has spanned myriad industries.
Mr. Varner's corporate finance and securities experience includes private and public equity offerings, venture capital financings and corporate restructurings. He also advises on corporate governance and securities disclosure issues.
- American Capital and Service Experts, a national HVAC service and installation company, in the $341 million sale of Service Experts to Enercare, named by Buyouts as "Turnaround Deal of the Year" for 2017.
- KOSÉ Corporation in its $135 million acquisition of Tarte Cosmetics.
- Avalon Laboratories in its $180 million sale to Nordson Corporation.
- RLJ Equity Partners in its leveraged buyout of Phase One Consulting Group.
- Phase One and RLJ Equity Partners in the sale of Phase One to Accenture Federal Services.
- Pan Am International Flight Academy, a leading pilot training academy, in its $139.5 million sale to ANA Holdings.
- Revolution Living in various transactions relating to Zipcar, including, as largest shareholder, in sale of Zipcar to Avis Budget Group for approximately $500 million.
- Paradigm Precision Holdings, a precision aerospace components manufacturer, in its sale to Dynamic Precision Holdings.
- Fintech company in its $300 million sale to a global financial services company.
- Public sporting goods company in $360 million sale by tender offer to another public sporting goods company.
- Private equity firm in its $370 million take-private of a lodging company.
- Major industrial corporation in formation of $600 million joint venture with large Japanese industrial company.
- National hospital company in $1.125 billion acquisition of nonprofit hospital system.
- Revolution and other Investment Funds in investments in private placements, PIPEs and other transactions in technology, software, consumer products and services, media, healthy living, real estate, and other industries.
Mergers & Acquisitions (2011)
- JD, University of Chicago Law School, 1997, with honors
- Inter-University Center for Japanese Studies, 1995
- BA, University of Michigan, 1993, with honors
- District of Columbia
- New York