In this issue:
- Q&A with Arnold & Porter PTAB Practitioner Jeffrey Miller
- Q&A with Arnold & Porter PTAB Practitioner Thomas Carr
- Federal Circuit Precedential Decision: Patent Owner Disclaimer During IPR Not Binding on Board
- Board Applies Updated Guidance From Director on the Treatment of Applicant Admitted Prior Art (AAPA)
- Board Uses Median Time-to-Trial for District, Rather Than for the Division or Judge, When Analyzing Fintiv Factor 2
- Board Institutes IPR After Jury Verdict in Related District Court Proceeding Because the Board Found “a Compelling Unpatentability Challenge”
- PTAB’s LEAP to Chambers Program Provides Excellent Learning Experience for New Attorneys
* Drew Needham contributed to this newsletter. Mr. Needham is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law and is employed at Arnold & Porter's Washington, DC office. Mr. Needham is admitted only in Maryland. He is not admitted to the practice of law in Washington, DC.
© Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP 2022 All Rights Reserved. This newsletter is intended to be a general summary of the law and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with counsel to determine applicable legal requirements in a specific fact situation.