How to Handle Hedge Fund Activism
The increasing level of hedge fund activism warrants the same type of preparation as for a hostile takeover bid. Careful planning is critical, as some attacks are designed to facilitate a takeover or force a sale of the target. Learn the art of responding to a hedge fund attack from this team of experts:
- Joele Frank, Founding Partner, Joele Frank Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher
- David Katz, Partner, Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
- Christopher Young, Director of M&A Research, RiskMetrics Group
- Veronica Rendón Callahan, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
This program covers:
- What steps can companies take to prepare in advance for a hedge fund attack, including how to prepare the board?
- What type of responses are required—or recommended—with the hedge fund that mounts an attack, including the litigation perspective?
- What do hedge funds look for in a potential target, including both financial and governance characteristics?
- What can companies do now to improve their relations with hedge funds and be proactive?