Going Direct-to-Consumer Without Going Direct-to-Court: Best Practices for Using E-Commerce While Reducing Legal and Regulatory Risks
While federal and state laws and regulations may not move as fast as the Internet, consumer products companies can often be unaware that they are violating federal and state rules regarding how products are sold via first-party and third-party e-Commerce websites.
This special event was designed to provide guidance on how consumer products companies can more effectively stay in compliance with statutes and regulations governing advertising and sales on the Internet.
- Product descriptions (including FDA and FTC requirements)
- Managing consumer feedback and reviews (and unlawful uses of reviews)
- Auto-renewals of products and services (including subscriptions)
- California Prop 65 warnings
- Keeping products within intended states