False Claims Act Defense for Government Contractors
9:00 AM – 1:30 PM
7901 Tysons One Place
Tysons Corner, VA
Counsel and compliance professionals at government contracting companies must be prepared to identify, assess, and mitigate the potential risks to their businesses stemming from aggressive governmental investigations and False Claims Act litigation, along with surging whistleblower activity.
This half-day, interactive program is intended to equip company counsel and compliance professionals at all levels with the tools needed to manage critical issues that arise in false claims litigation.
A team of Arnold & Porter attorneys with decades of experience handling government contract-related False Claims Act defense litigation will collaborate with outside experts to address:
- How the Government Contracting Landscape has Changed Post-Escobar
- The FAR and the FCA: How Compliance and Cost Principles Implicate False Claims
- Hot Topics in FCA Investigations and Litigation: Attorney Client Privilege, Whistleblowers, Parallel Proceedings, Mandatory Disclosure, and Suspension and Debarment
- Dominque Casimir, Partner, Washington, DC
- Tirzah Lollar, Partner; Washington, DC
- Craig Margolis, Partner; Washington, DC
- Paul Pompeo, Partner, Washington, DC
- Kathleen Cooperstein, Senior Associate, Washington, DC
- Christian Sheehan, Senior Associate, Washington, DC
- Sonia Tabriz, Senior Associate, Washington, DC
Additional speakers to follow.
3 hours NY and 2.75 hours CA CLE credit (all pending).
VA credit will be applied for and other jurisdictions may also be available.