False Claims Act Defense for Government Contractors
Counsel and compliance professionals at government contracting companies must be prepared to identify, assess, and mitigate the potential risks to their businesses stemming from aggressive governmental investigations and False Claims Act litigation, along with surging whistleblower activity.
This half-day, interactive program was created to equip company counsel and compliance professionals at all levels with the tools needed to manage critical issues that arise in false claims litigation.
A team of Arnold & Porter attorneys with decades of experience handling government contract-related False Claims Act defense litigation collaborated with outside experts to address the following topics:
- How the Government Contracting Landscape has Changed Post-Escobar.
- The FAR and the FCA: How Compliance and Cost Principles Implicate False Claims.
- Hot Topics in FCA Investigations and Litigation: Attorney Client Privilege, Whistleblowers, Parallel Proceedings, Mandatory Disclosure, and Suspension and Debarment.
- Steven Lehotsky, Senior Vice President & Chief Counsel for Litigation, US Chamber of Commerce
- Bill Walter, Partner, Dixon Hughes Goodman