Chris Peterson is co-head of the firm's Capital Markets practice.
Mr. Peterson's practice is focused on issuances of debt and equity securities and mergers and acquisitions, with an emphasis on investment-grade, sovereign and high-yield debt transactions and equity capital markets transactions on behalf of issuers at all stages of development. In addition, he has extensive experience in financial restructuring and liability management transactions, particularly in the context of acquisition finance and distressed corporate reorganizations. His practice also includes representation of private and public companies in general corporate, governance and securities law matters.
Mr. Peterson has been recognized in various national and international legal publications for his debt and equity capital markets work, most recently by The Legal 500 US for Debt Offerings and Global Offerings and Latin Lawyer for the Private Equity Deal of the Year (2019). Mr Peterson has been described as "very knowledgeable" and "flexible and creative," helping clients to "reach a mutually agreeable solution within the boundaries of relevant regulation."
- National Securities Clearing Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, in an inaugural offering of $2 billion aggregate principal amount of 1.200% and 1.500% senior notes pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- The Republic of Turkey, in numerous USD and euro-dominated debt offerings for aggregate proceeds of more than $12 billion, including Sharia-compliant sukuk transactions.
- Enphase Energy in multiple offerings, of convertible senior notes for aggregate proceeds of approximately $400 million pursuant to Rule 144A.
- Liberty Tire Recycling in an offering of $175 million of PIK notes and common stock pursuant to an exchange offer for its existing $225 million senior notes undertaken in connection with an out-of-court restructuring of the company.
- Unifrax I LLC, a portfolio company of American Securities LLC and a leading worldwide manufacturer of industrial ceramic fiber products, in its inaugural high-yield offering of $205 million of 7.50% senior notes due 2019 as part of a $670 million financing transaction, and a subsequent $50 million additional notes offering and related consent solicitation, the proceeds of which were used, respectively, to fund Unifrax's acquisition of Lauscha Fiber International and to acquire strategic assets in China.
- Evertec, Inc. in connection with various leveraged finance transactions, including the refinancing of its $650 million senior secured credit facility.
- Spartan Capital Holdings Sp. z o.o., Eileme 1 AB (publ) and Eileme 2 AB (publ) in the offering of €542 million of 11.75% senior notes due 2020, $500 million of 11.625% senior notes due 2020 and $201 million PIK notes due 2020. The offering was used to refinance the high yield and PIK bridge loans incurred in connection with the PLN 18.1 billion acquisition of Polkomtel, Poland's second-largest mobile network operator.
- Johnson & Johnson in its offering of $4.4 billion of various floating and fixed rate senior notes.
- Weather Investments S.p.A, Wind Telecom S.p.A. and affiliated companies in the €2 billion bridge, high-yield and PIK financing for the €12 billion leveraged buyout of Wind. The Wind transaction was named "European Debt & Equity-Linked Deal of 2005" by International Financial Law Review.
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. (CME) in connection with a refinancing transaction with Time Warner Inc. and numerous tender and exchange offers pursuant to the restructuring of existing indebtedness of CME.
- The dealers and arrangers, led by Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., in the establishment of a $15 billion medium term notes program by Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ) and the Section 3(a)(2) issuance thereunder of $1.25 billion of senior notes.
- The underwriters led Barclays Capital, in a public offering of $600 million of 7.375% senior notes due 2020 by PVH Corp. (PVH). The offerings were used to fund PVH's acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger Corp.
"Notable Practitioner" – Capital Markets: Equity (US) (2019-2020)
Cited for US: Capital Markets – Debt & Equity (2013)
Capital Markets: Global Offerings (2019)
"Leading Lawyer" – Capital Markets: High-Yield Debt Offerings (2011)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1997
- BS, Georgetown University, 1991, cum laude
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association