Theresa House is seasoned litigator whose practice focuses on the legal issues surrounding the media and First Amendment law, data privacy and cybersecurity, and intellectual property, with particular strength in the protection of trademark and copyright assets.
As a litigator, she advises on First Amendment, defamation, reporters’ privilege, copyright, trademark, fair use, unfair competition, right of publicity, and licensing issues, and handles trademark search clearance advice, enforcement counseling and disputes, and proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Ms. House also counsels on legal risk assessments and mitigation strategies, developing compliance policies and developing incident responses.
- JD, Harvard Law School
- BA, Harvard University, magna cum laude
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Co-Chair, Privacy and Data Security Committee, American Bar Association Section of Litigation (2015-2017)
- Co-Chair, Trial Practice Committee, American Bar Association Section of Litigation (2012-2015)
- Vice Chair, Trial Practice Committee, American Bar Association Section of Litigation (2011-2012)
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Committee on Media and Communications Law
- Member, Media Law Resource Center Defense Counsel Section, International Media Law Committee and Pre-Publication Review Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association