With decades of experience, Jennifer Perkins provides practical and insightful legal guidance for real estate transactions throughout the United States. With a focus on leasing transactions on behalf of both tenants and landlords, her projects total millions of square feet, including anchor office leases and retail leases, and involve the real estate side of corporate transactions. Jennifer has worked on some of the largest private-sector leases in the Washington, D.C. region, including a large number of law firm renewals and relocations. She also assists corporate clients with their real property assets as their businesses are sold, merge with, or acquire other companies. Jennifer has consistently been recognized over many years by Chambers USA.
- An affiliate of CBRE Investment Management in the leasing to American Clean Power Association of the entire top office floor of The Warner Building at 1299 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, D.C., comprising 42,000 square feet.
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP in negotiating a 65,000 square foot lease for its office relocation to The Wharf district in Washington, D.C. Noted by The National Law Journal as the largest law firm lease in Q3 2023.
- An Urban University in the negotiation of a retail lease for a two-level campus store in a commercial office building.
- Crowell & Moring LLP in connection with a two-floor office lease at the newly constructed Two Manhattan West in New York City.
- Affinius Capital in the negotiation of a multi-floor lease extension and expansion at 700 6th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. to an entertainment and sports provider.
- Affiliate of CBRE Investment Management, landlord, on a 61,000 square foot office lease at The Warner in Washington, D.C. with Finsbury Glover Hering Corporation.
- Financial Institution in the negotiation of multiple retail and office leases throughout the country for new developments and existing projects located throughout the U.S., including in Florida, northern and southern California, and New York City and its suburbs.
- Events D.C. (the convention and sports authority of the District of Columbia) related to leasing of space at the Convention Center to retailers and business services providers and office space from building owners in various areas of Washington, D.C.
- Walker & Dunlop in negotiating its headquarters lease located on three floors at The Wilson, a newly constructed trophy office building in Bethesda, Md. Selected by the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association (CREBA) as the 2020 Maryland leasing transaction of the year.
- EAB Global in working through a 150,000 square foot office lease at 2445 M Street, NW, Washington, D.C., in which the tenant remained in occupancy using various swing space opportunities at the same time the landlord (Beacon Capital) renovated the base building. Selected by CREBA as the 2019 Washington, D.C. leasing transaction of the year.
- Williams & Connolly LLP in negotiating a 290,000 square foot anchor law firm lease for its office relocation to The Wharf district in Washington, D.C. Selected by Washington Business Journal as Best Office Lease of 2018.
"Top Lawyers" Real Estate (2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020)
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1985
- B.A., Haverford College, 1982
- District of Columbia
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia, The Honorable Virginia Riley
Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) of Washington, D.C.
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, D.C. (CREBA)
- Member, Board of Managers of Haverford College
- Primary "pro bono" counsel, Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. and Northern Virgina