With decades of real estate experience, Jennifer Perkins supplies legal services for purchases, sales, development, financings, and leasing primarily in the US. She has a focus on leasing transactions on behalf of both tenants and landlords, with her projects totaling millions of square feet and including anchor office leases, retail leases and corporate transactions. Ms. Perkins has worked on some of the largest private sector leases in the Washington, DC region, including a large number of law firm renewals and relocations. She also assists companies with their real property assets as such businesses are sold, merge or acquire other companies. Ms. Perkins has consistently been recognized over many years by Chambers USA.
- Walker & Dunlop in negotiating its headquarters lease located on 3 floors at The Wilson, a newly constructed trophy office building in Bethesda, Md. Selected by the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association (CREBA) as the 2020 Maryland leasing transaction of the year.
- National Endowment for Democracy in connection with a 2 floor, 82,000 square foot office lease at 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, DC.
- EAB Global in working through a 150,000 square foot office lease at 2445 M Street, NW, DC, in which the tenant remained in occupancy using various swing space opportunities at the same time the landlord (Beacon Capital) renovated the base building. Selected by CREBA as the 2019 Washington, DC leasing transaction of the year.
- Financial Institution in the negotiation of a 200,000+ square foot lease for office space and a bank branch in a project located in Manhattan's Hudson Yards area, with the older building undergoing substantial renovation.
- Akridge, as co-counsel, in the negotiation of a full building 104,000 square foot lease with WeWork for a new trophy office building on the site of a former YMCA.
- James Campbell Company LLC, as landlord, in connection with a 300,000 square foot office lease to Leidos, Inc. in the Rio Washingtonian project (Gaithersburg, Maryland), including a sublease to the current occupant (Marriott). Selected by CREBA as the 2018 Maryland leasing transaction of the year.
- Williams & Connolly LLP in negotiating a 290,000 square foot anchor law firm lease for its office relocation to The Wharf district in Washington, DC. Selected by the Washington Business Journal as Best Office Lease of 2018.
- Host Hotels & Resorts for a headquarters office lease in a project being constructed in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Events DC on behalf of the official convention and sports authority of the District of Columbia, a development and lease transaction for a flagship store of a Fortune 100 technology company in a historically designated building.
- Fortune 500 company in the assignment, subletting and other transfers of hundreds of leases and owned properties located world-wide to a European company acquiring a division of a business services company.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1985
- BA, Haverford College, 1982
- District of Columbia
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia, The Honorable Virginia Riley
Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) of Washington, DC
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC (CREBA)
- Member, Board of Managers of Haverford College
- Assistant Clerk, Corporation of Haverford College
- Primary "pro bono" counsel, Habitat for Humanity of Washington, DC