With decades of real estate experience, Jennifer Perkins supplies legal services for purchases, sales, development, financings, and leasing primarily in the US. She has a focus on leasing transactions on behalf of both tenants and landlords, with her projects totaling millions of square feet and including anchor office leases, retail leases and corporate transactions. Ms. Perkins has worked on some of the largest private sector leases in the Washington, DC region, including a large number of law firm renewals or relocations. She also assists companies with their real property assets as such businesses are sold, merge or acquire other companies. Ms. Perkins has consistently been recognized over the last several years by Chambers USA.
- Host Hotels & Resorts for a headquarters office lease in a project being constructed in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Events DC on behalf of the official convention and sports authority of the District of Columbia, a development and lease transaction for a flagship store of a Fortune 100 technology company in a historically designated building.
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP in connection with an amended and restated lease for the renewal of premises comprising 211,000 square feet at 1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW, with Boston Properties as the landlord. The lease provided for a significant base building renovation as well as remodeling of tenant's space and allowed for swing space usage in another building.
- Fortune 500 company in the separation of real estate assets of a public company being split in half, including post-closing shared occupancy agreements.
- Gould Property Company/Oxford Properties in a 250,000 square foot anchor law firm lease with Venable LLP for a property to be developed at 600 Massachusetts Avenue, NW.
- Fortune 500 company in the assignment, subletting and other transfers of hundreds of leases and owned properties located world-wide to a European company acquiring a division of a business services company.
- James Campbell Company in negotiations of leases with respect to a Washington, DC and Northern Virginia office portfolio.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1985
- BA, Haverford College, 1982
- District of Columbia
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia, The Honorable Virginia Riley
Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) of Washington, DC
Member, Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC
- Primary "pro bono" counsel for Habitat for Humanity of Washington, DC, negotiating documents for acquisitions, construction loans and permanent financings for property to be developed into affordable housing, providing legal advice on joint venture agreements (concerning off-site affordable housing components of for-profit projects), and closing home sales and financings.
Member, Board of Managers of Haverford College
Assistant Clerk, Corporation of Haverford College