With decades of real estate experience, Jennifer Perkins supplies legal services for purchases, sales, development, financings, and leasing primarily in the US. She has a focus on leasing transactions on behalf of both tenants and landlords, with her projects totaling millions of square feet and including anchor office leases, retail leases and corporate transactions. Ms. Perkins has worked on some of the largest private sector leases in the Washington, DC region, including a large number of law firm renewals and relocations. She also assists companies with their real property assets as such businesses are sold, merge or acquire other companies. Ms. Perkins has consistently been recognized over the last several years by Chambers USA.
- Financial Institution in the negotiation of a 200,000+ square foot lease for office space and multiple bank branches in a project located in Manhattan's Hudson Yards area, with the older building undergoing substantial renovation resulting in varied delivery dates on parts of the premises.
- Akridge, as co-counsel, in the negotiation of a full building 104,000 square foot lease with WeWork for a new trophy office building on the site of a former YMCA.
- James Campbell Company LLC, as landlord, in connection with a 300,000 square foot office lease to Leidos, Inc. in the Rio Washingtonian project (Gaithersburg, Maryland), including a sublease to the current occupant (Marriott) for several years pending the completion of such subtenant's headquarters. Selected by the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association (CREBA) as the Maryland leasing transaction of the year.
- Williams & Connolly LLP in negotiating a 290,000 square foot anchor law firm lease for its office relocation to The Wharf district in Washington, DC. Selected by the Washington Business Journal as Best Office Lease of 2018.
- Host Hotels & Resorts for a headquarters office lease in a project being constructed in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Events DC on behalf of the official convention and sports authority of the District of Columbia, a development and lease transaction for a flagship store of a Fortune 100 technology company in a historically designated building.
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP in connection with an amended and restated lease for the renewal of premises comprising 211,000 square feet at 1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW, with Boston Properties as the landlord. The lease provided for a significant base building renovation as well as remodeling of tenant's space and allowed for swing space usage in another building.
- Fortune 500 company in the separation of real estate assets of a public company being split in half, including post-closing shared occupancy agreements.
- Gould Property Company/Oxford Properties in a 250,000 square foot anchor law firm lease with Venable LLP for a property to be developed at 600 Massachusetts Avenue, NW.
- Fortune 500 company in the assignment, subletting and other transfers of hundreds of leases and owned properties located world-wide to a European company acquiring a division of a business services company.
- James Campbell Company in negotiations of leases with respect to a Washington, DC and Northern Virginia office portfolio.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1985
- BA, Haverford College, 1982
- District of Columbia
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia, The Honorable Virginia Riley
Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) of Washington, DC
Member, Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC
- Primary "pro bono" counsel for Habitat for Humanity of Washington, DC, negotiating documents for acquisitions, construction loans and permanent financings for property to be developed into affordable housing, providing legal advice on joint venture agreements (concerning off-site affordable housing components of for-profit projects), and closing home sales and financings.
Member, Board of Managers of Haverford College
Assistant Clerk, Corporation of Haverford College