Regulatory and Enforcement Trends of 2021 for AML and Sanctions
Together with the Institute of International Bankers (IIB), we hosted our annual discussion of regulatory and enforcement trends in the year ahead for anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions. Drawing on the experiences of our Financial Services, White Collar Defense & Investigations, Anti-Corruption, and Securities & Enforcement and Litigation attorneys, we provided insights on the steps that financial institutions can take to address AML and sanctions risks and navigate examinations and internal and government investigations.
- Congress' overhaul of the Bank Secrecy Act and AML laws under the National Defense Authorization Act
- Trends and predictions in global enforcement and investigations by banking agencies, the Department of Justice and the False Claims Act
- Impact of the new beneficial ownership legislation and registry
- Lessons learned from recent enforcement actions and individual liability
- Impact of the Biden-Harris Administration